Houston hospitals hit 100% base ICU capacity. Then they stopped reporting data.
Official finds Montana GOP violated campaign finance laws
The Green Party is propped up by the GOP to peel way Democratic voters.
I think my Mastodon instance is broken. I can't get the local feed to load at all, and when I load my profile page, all of the images are full size.
I don't even know where to start to fix it. Maybe time to close up shop?
COVID Was Never “Under Control” In America https://slate.com/technology/2020/06/covid-never-under-control-america.html?via=rss
Workers can't be fired for being gay or transgender, Supreme Court rules https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/502729-supreme-court-rules-lgbt-workers-protected-by-civil-rights-law
Hi everyone, I'm off the grind, and that also means I'm off the dole. I'm running out of money, and I'm looking for a job.
If anyone needs a sysadmin with 6 years of professional and 18 years of hobbyist experience, please send me a DM.
My toolset includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- MySQL / MariaDB
- QEMU / KVM
- Proxmox VE
- BIND (named)
- Quagga/Bird (limited, but still)
- Nagios (nrpe, nsca)
I'm open to learning new stuff.
Please repost if nothing else!
Proud to be the 2,382nd 😎 on @BackerKit for The Waylanders RPG. Thanks @waylandersrpg https://thewaylandersrpg.backerkit.com/community_shares/2224482
Some senators want to stop police from getting military-grade equipment or weapons https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/6/2/21277981/senators-police-military-equipment-weapons
The ACLU wants you to know that as you come out to protest, there are a few thinks to keep in mind:
1. The right to protest is a fundamental human right guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution and the First Amendment.
2. If you get stopped, ask if you are free to go. If the police say yes, calmly walk away.
3. You have the right to record. The right to protest includes the right to record, including recording police doing their jobs.
4. The police can order people to stop interfering with legitimate police operations, but video recording from a safe distance is not interfering.
5. If you get stopped, police cannot take or confiscate any videos or photos without a warrant.
6. If you are videotaping, keep in mind in some states, the audio is treated differently than the images. But images and video images are always fully protected by the First Amendment.
7. The police's main job in a protest is to protect your right to protest and to de-escalate any threat of violence.
8. If you get arrested, don't say anything. Ask for a lawyer immediately. Do not sign anything and do not agree to (cont)
Armchair intellectual, sometimes philosopher, all-around learning junkie, sysadmin, and gamer.
A chicken in every pot and free poetry for all.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!